• Unemployment: 3.5%
• Rock Springs Population: 23,021
• Green River Population: 11,535
• Sweetwater County Population: 41,345
• Labor Shed: 18,735
• Right-to-work State
• 7.3% of employees in Wyoming are represented by a union
• Sweetwater County has more than ***** under-employed people, creating an attractive pool of available workers.
• Western Wyoming Community College: 4,053 students
• University of Wyoming: 12,627 students
• Central Wyoming College: 2,243 students
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT TRAINING FUND
The Workforce Development Training Fund (WDTF) is a unique Wyoming-based program connecting employers with professional development opportunities to increase employee skill attainment. Grant options include:
BUSINESS TRAINING GRANTS
To teach new skills or re-train current employees.
To train potential employees before job placement.
For structured learning experiences to enhance knowledge and skills.
For the development of a registered apprenticeship program.